DCS WORLD NEWSLETTER 01.09.2023
DCS WORLD NEWSLETTER 01.09.2023
What to expect this 15th Anniversary year
Throughout the year, this 15-year badge will be used to mark our celebratory events.
We are incredibly grateful to our dedicated community members who have been the driving force behind development ideas and priorities, bug notifications and product requests as well as the engine behind the steady user growth over the years. To put even more focus on your contribution, we’d like to invite all of you to add your most important questions and requests to a special Developer Q&A, which will help us prioritise things for the near and medium term.
Please submit your questions via the Forum Thread here.
This Q&A is your best opportunity yet for answers to your most burning questions. We are excited to share news on topics we know are important to you, such as a Dynamic Campaign roadmap, updates for ATC, progress of DLSS and Vulkan API integration, the future of the Mission Editor, and Flaming Cliffs.
We will answer everything we can. Submissions are open until Monday 11th September. Thank you!
CELEBRATING OUR COMMUNITY CREATORS
The dedication of those talented users who create free content for all to enjoy never ceases to impress us and we would like to thank them by showcasing their work and by featuring some of the very best content including mods, campaigns, skins, help-guides, videos and more.
Please take the time to browse some of the thousands of User Files available totally free of charge. In addition, please take a look at some of the influential community-made content:
Our community of creators produce a massive amount of content each year. We are sure you know most of them already, but if not, please take a moment to explore and enjoy their work via the list below:
deephack | G. Skouras | The Ops Center By Mike Solyom | Reflected Simulations | Pricklyhedgehog72 | DCS Sport | phil style | Bullet4MyEnemy | Nightwolf | Command T | THE AIR WARFARE GROUP | Phenom | Hornet Productions | Rakuzard | HIP Games | Reload Gaming | Keller Dominik | Flight Simulation | Enigma | Adrian Caparzo | Hellreign82 | TacticalPascale | 104th_Maverick | VRFlightSimGuy | CasmoTV | FIXEDIT | Fast Jet Performance | TheSkyline35 | J.P. Ferre | ????56 | Bogey Dope | RedKite | DCS WORLD PAK | iceman_fox1 | XCHECK | TheWarthogProject | Spudknocker | Tricker | LongShot | Retalha | ralfidude | RKProGaming | Infante760 | Mushroom Cloud Confetti | Grim Reapers | C.W. Lemoine | Growling Sidewinder | DevildogGamer | OperatorDrewski | Chuck's Guides
DCS can be a fabulous shared experience and has become a large part of what makes it important to so many players.
We are very grateful to all the DCS server owners who do a superb job hosting, tailoring gameplay experiences and curating community spaces, from carrier ops, to aerobatics and warbirds, to helicopters.
We will be working with server owners to set up special events throughout the year and will share more details soon. We will also be joining in on a number of these community events, so keep an eye out for more details and for the opportunity to fly with and against ED Team members.
Many of you have been with us on this incredible journey since the start and we are deeply grateful for your loyalty.
The creation of the Digital Combat Simulator brand in 2008 was not our first entry into the combat simulation genre; upon release in 2008, our core team already had 13 years experience. Here is a summarised timeline of the Eagle Dynamics story so far:
- 1991 Eagle Dynamics is founded
- Nov 1995 Su-27 Flanker. Runner-up for Computer Gaming World's ‘Simulation of the Year’
- Sep 1999 Flanker 2.0. The direct sequel to Su-27 Flanker added the SU-33 to the lineup
- Mar 2002 Flanker 2.5. Awarded ‘Best Simulation of 2002’ by PC Gamer
- Nov 2003 Lock-On: Modern Air Combat. Published by Ubisoft
- Apr 2005 Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs release. Advanced Flight Model for Su-25 and Su-25T
- Oct 2008 DCS: Black Shark. Advanced Flight Model and first clickable cockpit in the ED history. The first ‘DCS’ release earned SimHQ's ‘Sim Product of the Year’ 2008
- 2009 DCS: Black Shark wins PC Gamer Simulation of the Year 2009
- Feb 2011 DCS: A-10C Warthog. The first full-fidelity jet
- 2011 DCS: A-10C Warthog wins PC Gamer Simulation of the Year 2011
- May 2012 DCS: P-51D Mustang. The first WWII module
- Aug 2013 DCS World Steam Edition
- Jan 2015 DCS: Su-27 The Ultimate Argument Campaign for DCS World
- Oct 2015: DCS: L-39 Albatros. The first MultiCrew
- Nov 2015 DCS World 2.0. Detailed terrain support of the Nevada map
- Jun 2017 DCS World 2.1. Added deferred shading and physically-based rendering
- Jun 2017 DCS: WWII Asset Pack
- Apr 2018 DCS World 2.5 Significant improvement to the Caucasus map.
- May 2018 DCS: F/A-18C. Our most popular module to date
- Apr 2019 Dedicated Servers released for Multiplayer
- Oct 2019 DCS: F-16C Viper
- May 2020 DCS: Supercarrier Nimitz-class flight deck Operations
- Apr 2021 DCS World 2.7. Eagle Dynamics Weather Engine
- Jun 2021 DCS: Mi-24P HIND and MultiCrew
- Mar 2022 DCS: AH-64D
- Oct 2022 DCS World 2.8. Improved atmospheric conditions and AI basic flight maneuvers
- Mar 2023 Multi-threading is introduced
We are working hard on DCS World 3.0, with 2.9 coming soon. Your simulation now boasts 44 aircraft modules, 66 campaigns, 7 maps, and nearly 20,000 FREE mods and user-files created by the community along with over 4.5 million Videos on Youtube, with billions of views.
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
We shared passion and a desire to create historically important combat aircraft in uncompromising detail for all of you to enjoy, making aviation dreams come true and the inaccessible a virtual reality.
DCS will continue to grow, with more focus on the graphics environment, spherical earth, core ‘game’ functionality, improved multiplayer and cooperative play with extended ground and naval warfare. Many much-anticipated aircraft are coming soon, including the mighty F-4E Phantom, OH-58D Kiowa, F4U Corsair, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook. So much to look forward to!
We are moved by the positivity and dedication of our loyal community and privileged to be part of your lives.
- Falcon BMS
- East Mediterranean Front Theater
- IL-2 Sturmovik
- DCS World - Eagle Dynamics
- DCS: F-16C Viper
- DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark
- DCS: A-10C Warthog
- DCS: P-51D Mustang
- DCS: MIG-21BIS
- DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
- DCS: Combined Arms
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Altri simulatori
- Comando Squadra Aerea
- Comando Scuole
- Reparto Affari Generali
- Reparto Sperimentale Volo Virtuale
- Gruppo Falcon
- Gruppo Hornet
- Gruppo IL2
- Gruppo Black Shark
- Gruppo Warthog
- Gruppo Radar
- Vola con AMVI