Dal sito BenchmarkSim
Ladies and Gentlemen,
on behalf of the entire BMS development team, I am happy to announce that the latest iteration of the Billion Soft Falcon 4.0 total conversion modification - Benchmark Sims 4.33 U5 - is available for you to enjoy as of RIGHT NOW!
Like U3 and U4, the changes and bugfixes in Update 5 are a direct consequence of feedback we got from some bigger MP sessions. There are no data or feature changes included in this patch.
BMS 4.33 U5 requires a legit installation of a Falcon 4.0 (all older and newer versions are accepted alike, i.e. Microprose, Hasbro, GOG, Steam, Retroism). The check is performed both at setup time and every time you start BMS. If no valid installation is found, BMS will exit with a corresponding error message.
U5 is an incremental update on top of U1 + U2 + U3 + U4, so you need to have the BMS 4.33 U1 Full Installer package and the corresponding 4.33 U2 Incremental Installer and 4.33 U3 Incremental Installer and 4.33 U4 Incremental Installer available on your PC. You can both update your existing U1 + U2 + U3 + U4 installation as well as perform a fresh U1 + U2 + U3 + U4 +U5 installation from scratch, as you like. See the installation instructions below for details.
This mod may not be used for any commercial purposes. Any such use may constitute a violation of the intellectual property of Billion Soft (Hong Kong) Limited and the non-commercial Terms and Conditions under which Benchmark Sims make this mod available to you.
Installation instructions (they will be shown as well once you run the U5 installer):
DESTINATION FOLDER: Update 5 must be targeted at the original Falcon BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder, NOT at your Falcon BMS installation location! After the update installer has been finished, it will run the Falcon BMS Setup program to either apply the update to an existing BMS 4.33 U1 + U2 + U3 + U4 installation (choose 'Manage product updates'), or perform a fresh 4.33 U1 + U2 + U3 + U4 + U5 installation from scratch.
CONFIG FILE: U5 does *not* replace your existing config file.
(1) The pre-requirement for installing the update is to have the original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder available. That is the one with the blue colored Setup.exe. Take a note on the folder name where this exe is. This folder is NOT your actual game folder that you use to start BMS itself. It's the folder wherever you downloaded and extracted the original BMS 4.33 U1 base installer. Updates 2 and 3 and 4 must have been applied here already.
(2) Note: You need the original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder with U2 + U3 + U4 applied, as U5 is incremental only (like all BMS updates).
(3) Next, RUN (do not unzip) the U5 installer. It will ask you where the BMS setup folder is. Select the folder that you have identified in the 1st step.
(4) Note: Running the U5 installer will NOT actually install U5! Instead, it will update your original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder to include the new U5 data.
(4) After the U5 installer has finished, it will run the blue colored Setup.exe that you have identified in the 1st step. Either perform a fresh new installation, or update your existing U1 + U2 + U3 + U4 installation by choosing 'Manage product updates'. U5 will now be shown in addition to the 4.33 U1 base + U2 + U3 + U4 installation.
(5) After the update, when starting BMS, the version string in the BMS UI will now read:
Falcon BMS 4.33.5 (x86/x64) Build 16084
Falcon BMS 4.33 U5 Changelog
- The build number string in the Falcon UI reads "4.33.5 Build 16084" after the update
- No data or docu or config files have been changed, this update is a pure "code-only" patch
- The shortcuts in the start menu and on your desktop will NOT be renamed to U5, feel free to rename them manually
Here's the 4.33 U4 -> 4.33 U5 changelog:
- Updated splash exit credits for the new Falcon copyright holder: Billion Soft (Hong Kong) Limited
- In multiplayer, campaign and other UI movies will not be played anymore (independent of the "-nomovie" command line option), since movies in MP can induce CTDs
- Multiple (potential) CTD/hang fixes, especially for multiplayer:
* CTD while sending/receiving FalconSimCampMessage
* CTD while sending/receiving FalconEvents (e.g. FalconCampEventMessage)
* Message buffer overruns for certain campaign messages
* CTD known as "RtlAnsiStringToUnicodeString" issue (hopefully!)
* Clients crashing when leaving the sim while they were on the chute
* Divide by 0 CTD in MissileDefeatCheck
* Client crashing when creating the 5th flight of the package
* Added CTD protection for the server in case flight is requested in an already full package
[The primary distribution method is by TORRENT, as always:
** NOTA PER I PILOTI AMVI: l'upgrade sarà obbligatorio a partire da giovedì 22/03/2018 compreso **