Clicca qui per essere reindirizzato al thread sul forum Benchmark Sims
"Ladies and Gentlemen,
on behalf of the entire BMS development team, I am happy to announce that the latest iteration of the Billion Soft Falcon 4.0 total conversion modification - Benchmark Sims 4.33 U4 - is available for you to enjoy as of RIGHT NOW!
Like U3, the changes and bugfixes in Update 4 are a direct consequence of feedback we got from some bigger MP sessions. There are no data or feature changes included in this patch.
First things first: the "Falcon" trademark has a new copyright holder, Billion Soft (Hong Kong) Limited. We're very grateful to them that they support and enable us to keep releasing future BMS updates!
BMS 4.33 U4 requires a legit installation of a Falcon 4.0 (all older and newer versions are accepted alike, i.e. Microprose, Hasbro, GOG, Steam, Retroism). The check is performed both at setup time and every time you start BMS. If no valid installation is found, BMS will exit with a corresponding error message.
For those of you who are still in need of a legit Falcon 4.0 base installation, please be aware that Retroism is offering a special price for Falcon 4.0 for the upcoming black Friday weekend ($/€2.79)!
U4 is an incremental update on top of U1 + U2 + U3, so you need to have the BMS 4.33 U1 Full Installer package and the corresponding 4.33 U2 Incremental Installer and 4.33 U3 Incremental Installer available on your PC. You can both update your existing U1 + U2 + U3 installation as well as perform a fresh U1 + U2 + U3 + U4 installation from scratch, as you like. See the installation instructions below for details.
This mod may not be used for any commercial purposes. Any such use may constitute a violation of the intellectual property of Billion Soft (Hong Kong) Limited and the non-commercial Terms and Conditions under which Benchmark Sims make this mod available to you.
Installation instructions (they will be shown as well once you run the U4 installer):
DESTINATION FOLDER: Update 4 must be targeted at the original Falcon BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder, NOT at your Falcon BMS installation location! After the update installer has been finished, it will run the Falcon BMS Setup program to either apply the update to an existing BMS 4.33 U1 + U2 + U3 installation (choose 'Manage product updates'), or perform a fresh 4.33 U1 + U2 + U3 + U4 installation from scratch.
CONFIG FILE: U4 does *not* replace your existing config file.
(1) The pre-requirement for installing the update is to have the original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder available. That is the one with the blue colored Setup.exe. Take a note on the folder name where this exe is. This folder is NOT your actual game folder that you use to start BMS itself. It's the folder wherever you downloaded and extracted the original BMS 4.33 U1 base installer. Updates 2 and 3 must have been applied here already.
(2) Note: You need the original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder with U2 + U3 applied, as U4 is incremental only (like all BMS updates).
(3) Next, RUN (do not unzip) the U4 installer. It will ask you where the BMS setup folder is. Select the folder that you have identified in the 1st step.
(4) Note: Running the U4 installer will NOT actually install U4! Instead, it will update your original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder to include the new U4 data.
(4) After the U4 installer has finished, it will run the blue colored Setup.exe that you have identified in the 1st step. Either perform a fresh new installation, or update your existing U1 + U2 + U3 installation by chosing 'Manage product updates'. U4 will now be shown in addition to the 4.33 U1 base + U2 + U3 installation.
(5) After the update, when starting BMS, the version string in the BMS UI will now read:
Falcon BMS 4.33.4 (x86/x64) Build 16083
Here's the 4.33 U3 -> 4.33 U4 changelog:
- The build number string in the Falcon UI reads "4.33.4 Build 16083" after the update
- No data or docu or config files have been changed, this update is a pure "code-only" patch
- The shortcuts in the start menu and on your desktop will NOT be renamed to U4, feel free to rename them manually
- Updated splash screen and monolog output for the new Falcon copyright holder: Billion Soft (Hong Kong) Limited
- Significant performance improvements for importing ACMI .flt to .vhs:
* Reduced time needed for import by at least a factor of 10 to 20
* Added monolog output, flt file size at START, duration summary and vhs size at DONE
- In the UI chat windows, the participant tree title will now include the number of players in the chat, e.g. "(4)Lobby" instead of "Lobby"
- Increased the disconnect timeouts for the transport layer to 60 seconds for increased stability in "short temporary network loss/disconnect" situations
- Fixed mouse wheel not always working in UI
- Multiple (potential) CTD/hang fixes:
* memory depletion (OOM) CTD originating in a data range overrun
* client CTD when exiting BMS
* CTD related to input device sorting
* CTD in DrawableTrail::DrawChunkBillBoards
* CTD when exiting a campaign on a client due to invalid object access in UpdateIntel
* CTD when checking in with AWACS
* CTD in AirTaskingManagerClass::FindNearestActiveTanker
* infinite loop in AirframeClass::CalcMach
* CTD in VU message handling
A) The primary distribution method is by TORRENT, as always:
Size: 11.1 KB
Size: 33.7 MB
B) As secondary method, we will offer direct download links:
...as soon as the TORRENT is spread enough and "stable"!
Please do NOT post alternate download mirrors in the forum if you want to offer a mirror. Give the torrent some time to get stable (won't take longer than a day). If you want to offer a mirror, please PM Residual, he will take care about adding the links here."