DCS WORLD NEWSLETTER 02.08.2019
DCS WORLD NEWSLETTER 02.08.2019
DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign Available!
The Jagdflieger campaign for the Bf 109 K-4 by Reflected Simulations is now available for purchase from the DCS e-Shop.
It's March 1944, the beginning of the end. The Reich has become a fortress without a roof. The large formations of Allied four motors have become daily visitors. Come, join the German Luftwaffe in these dire times. Jump into one of JG26's Messerschmitt Bf-109-s and find out what it’s like to attack the "fat cats" head-on, or to take off in a hail of bullets from the attacking Mustangs. Watch the Allied forces land on the beaches of Normandy and support the retreating Wehrmacht. Let all the details immerse you in this semi-historical campaign and make you feel like a young Jagdflieger fighting a lost battle, where, like 1944, survival is the most you can hope for.
- 12 semi-historical missions focusing on JG26 from March to July 1944
- A detailed background story, mission contexts and checklists
- Detailed briefings and briefing images, including separate PDF mission files
- Unique kneeboard graphics for each mission
- Over 250 specially recorded voice-over messages and radio broadcasts
- Historically accurate custom skins
- A wide array of missions including free hunt, intercept, bomber escort and ground attack
Launch of the ED Miles!
On 1st August 2019 at 0900, we launched the new ED Miles rewards system!
ED Miles are similar in many ways to airline miles and can be earned/awarded and used as follows:
- Regardless if a product has just been released, is already on sale or in pre-purchase, you will always earn ED Miles on the price you paid for the purchase. For each purchase, you will earn 10% of the Purchase Price in ED Miles. As an example: if you purchase something for USD 29.99 you will be awarded 2990 ED Miles worth USD 2.99 on the DCS World e-Shop.
- You can use ED Miles to purchase any product participating in the program, regardless if they are just released, already on sale, or as a pre-purchase!
- There is no limit on the number of ED Miles you can use for a purchase. If you have enough ED Miles, you can even pay for an entire product just using ED Miles.
- ED Miles earned are valid for three calendar years from the time of your last DCS World e-Shop purchase.
Note that ED Miles cannot be redeemed for cash or any other conversion, and a list of 3rd parties participating in the program will be provided at launch.
DCS World Open Beta Update
This week we launched a big update that included some great improvements to the Hornet in particular:
- The initial release of the AA/ANQ-28 Litening Targeting Pod (WIP). Other modes like air-to-air mode, INR tracking, additional HUD symbology, and slave to target point, and other functions will be added later in early access.
- Marking a target on the SA page with PLID is now shown correctly on the radar page.
- Sharing PLID info in Multiplayer is displayed correctly to and from donors.
- STEP data now matches radar data for a selected target.
- Fixed SA page STEP marker does not pass through all displayed contacts.
- SA page EXPAND option added.
- Fixed JDAM TOO mode not setting correctly for WPTs loaded as TOO MSN 1 or TOO MSN 2.
- Fixed radar showing target as hostile even if DL and NTCR are turned off.
- MSI donor HAFU not displayed on RADAR page is fixed.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when trying to restart AUTO at the end of a WP route.
- Fixed disabling AUTO in mid-route could break AUTO sequence.
- TDC movement now shuts off STEP.
- Radar altimeter is now set correctly at zero before Hornet start-up.
- Huge updated the Hornet Guide.
- Fixed CTD when setting bomb interval.
After this Open Beta, the next big system to add will be the AGM-84D Harpoon anti-ship missile.
Some of these include:
- AGM-88 now tracking slow-moving ground radar emitters.
- Multiplayer improvements.
- Improved AI pathing over bridges.
- Improved AI carrier deck taxi behavior.
- Great improvements to the AV-8 Night Attack, M-2000C, and the C-101.
- Falcon BMS
- East Mediterranean Front Theater
- IL-2 Sturmovik
- DCS World - Eagle Dynamics
- DCS: F-16C Viper
- DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark
- DCS: A-10C Warthog
- DCS: P-51D Mustang
- DCS: MIG-21BIS
- DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
- DCS: Combined Arms
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Altri simulatori
- Comando Squadra Aerea
- Comando Scuole
- Reparto Affari Generali
- Reparto Sperimentale Volo Virtuale
- Gruppo Falcon
- Gruppo Hornet
- Gruppo IL2
- Gruppo Black Shark
- Gruppo Warthog
- Gruppo Radar
- Vola con AMVI