Zakk
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Simulatore: DCS: F-16C Viper
Contatta:

F4OF --> Nuove Piste

Messaggio da Zakk » 12 dicembre 2008, 15:13

DOWNLOAD

Demo (GlobalFalcon) ha scritto:Here is the first release of the new runways. Please keep in mind they are a work in progress. There's 80 files in this release. But before I get into details about what's included, I should explain how I did these.

I'm not a 'photoshop' expert in any way, shape, or form. In fact, I learned how to use Paint Shop Pro just for this project. Originally, what I planned on doing was using the incomplete runways that one of the guys in the community did for 4.6. But, since I couldn't recreate the same textures, I decided to make my own. All I did was paint the new runway textures over the old ones. At first I was resizing the default runways from 512 to 2048 because that's the size of the incomplete 4.6 new runways. But after some testing, I decided to resize them up to 1024 because they still looked great without making the file size too big. I used real life runway pics to get the textures I liked (like the cracks, etc...), pasted them over the default runways, then set the transparency on the improved textures so I could trace the default runway markings onto the new textures. Therefore, all the markings are identical to where they were on the default textures. However, I've already noticed a few issues with using the same markings as the default runways. Some of the default runways resolution are so poor that you can't see some of the mistakes. I ran into the same issue with the taxiways. Some lines aren't the same size or length, etc... But some you won't notice unless you look closely at them, and I've been working on fixing the majority of them. But just so you are aware, I know there are some small issues that will be fixed as I continue to finish the project. But I wanted to share what I have for the time being. Right now I'm scheduled to leave for OCS on Jan. 9th, so I'm really busy trying to prepare for that while trying to finish this project. There's 80 files in this download, and I have about 20-30 more to go (mostly the ends of the runways with the numbers).

Next I want to explain some of the variations in the textures of the runways. I wanted each runway type to look different. For example, the single strip runways would have a different texture then some of the dual strip runways. For the most part, in real life each airbase/airport has different looking runways, so I wanted to mirror that in the sim. OF has about 5 different runway types. The only issue is that some of the runway types share the end of the runway numbers textures, so I had to get rid of some of the different textures to make sure they would all work. But the result looks great. I like how different bases have different shades/textured runways.

One final comment is about the single strip runways... All of the single strip runways are completed (they all have new textures). Right now they are sized 2048x2048. I did them first and haven't had time to resize them down to 1024. I'm going to make some big changes to the single strip runways to fix some small consistency issues, so when I do that I will resize them down to 1024. The 2048 size makes the files too large.

I personally haven't noticed any frame rate hits using the runways, and I use my taxiways in addition to the runways. I originally made the files without mip maps because I was under the impression mip maps slowed things down, so I need to add mip maps to some of the files. These aren't going to be for everyone and I just don't have time to make major changes to them before I leave. The project is just really big, and there are a ton of files. I had no idea how large of project this would end up being or else I might not have ever started on it. I'm committed to finishing the last set of runway files before I leave, and I'll try to fix any glaring issues. However, someone else might have to pick up the ball where I left off once I leave should you guys want them changed/updated. In any case, here they are... Cheers!

*I also will make the runways look more worn in before the final version. Just trying to get them completed before I put the finishing touches on them

Runways WIP

http://www.firstfighterwing.com/Public1 ... %201.0.rar

Install Guide

*Use at your own risk

1. Back up your old runways
2. Extract the dds files to your koreObj folder for the theater you want to install them in, and hit overwrite:
-Korea C:\MicroProse\Falcon4\terrdata\objects\KoreaObj
-Ege C:\MicroProse\Falcon4\Ege\Objects\KoreaObj
-ODS C:\MicroProse\Falcon4\Theaters\DesertStorm\objects \KoreaObj
-ITOF C:\MicroProse\Falcon4\ITOF\terrdata\objects\KoreaO bj

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine
DOWNLOAD

Fonte: http://www.f4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11298
Immagine Immagine Immagine

Zakk
Contatta:

Re: F4OF --> Nuove Piste

Messaggio da Zakk » 17 dicembre 2008, 11:00

Non dovrebbero dare problemi in multi, ma è un lavoro incompleto e potresti trovare qualche pista storta, incompleta o cose del genere, io per ora non mi fido.. ;)

e4gle
Capitano
Capitano
Simulatore: Falcon4.0
Contatta:

Messaggio da e4gle » 17 dicembre 2008, 12:31

Non danno problemi in multy :)
Immagine
Cap. Gianluca "e4gle" Avella
Simulatori: Falcon BMS

Lince
Capitano
Capitano
Contatta:

Messaggio da Lince » 17 dicembre 2008, 14:46

c'ho volato 2 sere di fila in multi, sia domenica che lunedì e non han dato problemi
AMVI - Aeronautica Militare Virtuale Italiana
Simulatori: Falcon BMS
"It is better to die on your feet that live on your knees"

Zakk
Contatta:

Messaggio da Zakk » 17 dicembre 2008, 17:30

Problemi non ne danno, sono texture, ma se un giorno non trovate la pista non lamentatevi con me... nell'installazione AMVI non ci sono. :P

JagHond

Messaggio da JagHond » 11 aprile 2009, 1:24

Quand'è così, mi pare di "intuire" che sarà  meglio allora aspettare il rilascio della versione definitiva...

JagHond out.

Rispondi

Torna a “Falcon BMS - Mods, Teatri, Utility, etc.”