Before everything else: The online debriefing is working again! My apologies for the delay and the inconvenience. This feature was broken because of a change introduced by the real-time telemetry. This is now fixed and everything should work as expected. You may even combine the real-time telemetry and online debriefing to oversee with other officers a battle in progress!
This intermediate version also introduces several fixes and improvements to make the whole debriefing experience smoother:
- The long-awaited fuel telemetry is here! You can now review the fuel quantity and flow in most of the flight simulators and even in real-life (with the Garmin G1000 for example).
- Terrain colors have been modified to match the ones used in US VFR charts. It is an experiment with the idea of Tacview 2.0 being able to auto generate virtual VFR/IFR charts for the ground textures. Which should give a final result to the one you can see on Skyvector.
- Preliminary support has been added of IL-2 Sturmovik: Soon, you should be able to see proper 3d models for the aircraft (some may remain generic because Tacview library is growing up slowly), colors, coalitions, bullets, bombs and everything you can expect from a Tacview debriefing. IL-2 terrains should follow in Tacview 1.6.2.
- Talking about WWII: The famous DCS: Normandy 1944 Map has been added to Tacview.
It is now possible to display full 3D earth without ocean surface to see submarines. In a future revision, a translucent ocean surface should be visible too.
In the coming revisions of Tacview:
- All the major IL-2 terrains will be added to Tacview.
- Because of lack of time, Falcon 4.0 real-time telemetry is still a project. But, be assured that I will do my best to offer you this feature if it is possible to do so.
- You will get a brand-new static-objects engine with its integrated editor! Handy to easily and quickly add runways, nav-aids and any other objects you would like to see in the world of Tacview.
- Native support for Open Street Map and Bing Map tiles.
FEATURES & CHANGES
• Added fuel quantity and flow for DCS World, X-Plane, FSX, and Garmin G1000
• Added support for custom raw elevation maps with arbitrary coordinates
• Added Pegase and Duo Discus 3d models donated by Benoit ’Windblow’ Wingedsky
• Added terrain high-contrast mode for video projector use
• Added most of IL2 aircraft to Tacview database
• Added support for DCS: Normandy 1944 Map
• Added an option to automatically reconnect the real-time telemetry
• Added Eject & Respawn commands to the remote controls
• Added a status bar icon when real-time telemetry is active
• It is now possible to display 3D oceans to see submarines
• New FAA VFR style terrain color scheme
• Fixed a crash in charts when some options where selected
• Online debriefing was not working anymore with Tacview 1.6 final
• It was not possible to change the online debriefing port
• Left ALT was not working properly (e.g. ALT+F4 was not closing Tacview)
• DCS World exporter was not always active and compressing files in zip on a fresh install
• Charts were updated even when not displayed
• X-Plane main aircraft pilot name and importance are now properly exported